Dairy free chocolate cake
Member recipe by missmillie22
- For the cake
- 6oz Dairy free spread, soft (Pure)
- 6oz Caster sugar
- 6oz Self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 2oz Milk free chocolate powder (Nesquik)
- Chocolate butter icing
- 4oz Dairy free spread (Pure)
- Pack Icing sugar
- Milk free Chocolate powder (Nesquik)
- Plus any favourite Dairy free chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan
- Blend together the spread and the sugar until the mixture is consistent. Sieve in half of the flour and mix. Then add two of the eggs one at a time while continuously beating the mixture. Add the remaining flour and the chocolate powder. Add the remaining egg.
- grease two round cake tins with some of the spread then divide the mixture equally between the two.
- Put cake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Once cooked remove from tins and leave to cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- while the cake is cooling mix together the spread for decorating and slowly mix in icing sugar, tasting it every so often until you reach the desired sweetness. Then add a tbsp of chocolate powder to make the butter icing chocolatey.
- Once the cake is cool use the butter icing to stick the two layers together and then cover the top and side of the cake with the rest. Stick on all of your favourite treats. (a personal favourite is Carob chocolate mini eggs)
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…