BBQ chicken lasagne!
Member recipe by beccabryant
- For the Chicken BBQ sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onion (finely chopped)
- 800g can chopped tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- 170g brown sugar
- 6 tbsp malt vinegar
- 4 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1-3 tbsp of Paprika (to your taste)
- 500g of chicken thigh fillets (diced)
- 1x courgette (diced)
- 1x red pepper (diced)
- 125g closed cup mushrooms
- For the white sauce:
- 75g of savoury white cause mix (usually three packs)
- For the pasta:
- 250g Dried Lasagne sheets.
- For the finishing touches:
- Handful of grated cheddar cheese (you choose the strength to your taste)
- 200g Leerdammer Cheese or Mozzarella
- Heat oven to Gas Mark 6 or 180 degrees.
- Time to make the BBQ sauce! For this you will need to heat the oil in saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic cloves, brown sugar, malt vinegar, worcester sauce and tomatoe puree and mix.Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 â 30 minutes until thickened.
- Place all of the diced chicken into a large pan and brown off. Whilst the meat is browning chop up the corgette, onion, red pepper and mushroom as small as you can.
- Once they are cut and the meat is browned off add the BBQ sauce and diced vegetables to the chikcen and simmer for 20 minutes to let the chikcen absourb allt he flavours.
- When the BBQ chicken mixture is nearly cooked start the white sauce. To make the white sauce follow instructions on the back of the packet and slowly stir in a handful of cheddar cheese. Now you're ready to build your lasagne.
- To build the lasagne get a large oven proof dish. Firstly put a small amount of white sauce in the bottom of the dish to prevent the pasta from sticking. Then layer with pasta, then BBQ sauce - repeating until you have aproximately 1/2 inch to 2.5 centimeters from the top of the dish. Then pour over your white sauce, spreading so it covers the whole top of the lasagne. Then place the Leerdammer/Mozzarella over the white sauce.
- Place the lasagne in the middle of the oven and leave for 30-40 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the lasagne, it will be cooked when the cheese has gone a golden colour in the middle and crispy at the edges (personally I love the crispy bit!)
- Now you are ready to serve!