Cabbage & Bacon Pasta
Member recipe by jeremytipper
- 350 grams of smoked bacon lardons
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 good handful of thyme, leaves picked
- 1 large Savoy cabbage (outer leaves removed) quartered, cored and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup of white whine or vegetable stock
- 1 handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- 455gr/1 lb dried farfalle (or penne),
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 200gr / 7oz buffalo mozzarella, cut into 1cm / 1/2 inch dice
- 2 handfuls of pine nuts, lighly toasted
- In a pan fry your lardons in a little olive oil until lightly golden. Add the garlic and thyme and soften.
- Add the Savoy cabbage and Parmesan with a little white wine (or vegetable stock), then stir and put the lid on the pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes, shaking every now and again, while you cook your pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- When the cabbage is nice and tender, season and loosen with some nice peppery extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the drained pasta into the cabbage and at the last minute mix in the mozzarella and toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…