Chinese Braised Beef
Member recipe by acmumcee
A yummy and easy beef recipe for dinner. Pair with steamed rice and enjoy!
- 1/2 kg beef briskets, cut into bite sizes
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot - cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 pcs. star anise
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- spring onions - to garnish
- n a saucepan, combine the beef, onion, kikkoman soy sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, star anise and water. Boil until the beef is tender.
- Add the carrots. Don't over cook.
- Dilute the cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and add to the beef to make the sauce thicker.
- Serve with rice and garnish with spring onions.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…