Pork Chops with Mushrooms
Member recipe by mistytwoshoes
- 6 large pork chops trimmed of fat
- 15g dried mushrooms (optional)
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 50g butter
- Little olive oil
- 1dsp fresh thyme
- 350g sliced mushrooms
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 2 finely sliced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2tbs plain flour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Little extra milk if necessary
- Pre heat oven to 180C/fan 160/gas 4. Soak dried mushrooms in a little warm water to cover (if using) for around 30 minutes. Drain and Reserve liquid.
- Line a roasting tin approx 10 inches by `12 inches with enough foil to wrap over later.
- Melt butter and oil and fry chops on both sides until lightly brown. Remove and transfer to foil. Add sliced onions and garlic to pan and fry to soften slightly. Add chopped fresh mushrooms, dried mushrooms (if using) and lemon juice. Fry gently for 2 mins. Add flour but ignore the appearance at this stage! Add creme fraiche and heat through. If it is a little thick add some of the reserved dried mushroom liquer or a little milk to thin. Spoon over chops and add thyme.
- Wrap loosely in foil and bake for 1 hour.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…