Simply Chocolate Mousse
Member recipe by brumleybrae
- 5 Large eggs seperated
- 200g Bournville Dark Chocolate in bits
- 1 tablespoon strong black coffee
- To Finish
- 200g Double Cream
- Some Large Cadbury's Buttons/flaked chocolate
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Stick coffee into the chocolate and melt in the microwave for about 1 minute. Watch and no overheat it!
- Beat Egg yolks.
- Gently stir chocolate to make sure most of it is melted. It doesn't matter if there's a few wee lumps. Scrape it into the egg yolk and quickly mix to a paste with the beaters.
- Chocolate 'sauce' is carefully folded into the egg whites (use a big metal spoon) until an even consitency is achieved.
- Pour into serving bowl and shove into fridge for at least an hour before whipping cream for the top and decorating with a few buttons - You can fight the kids for the rest of the packet.