Homemade Fortune Cookies
Member recipe by stelladias77
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 28 grams egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Sift the flour and corn flour. Add sugar and salt. Mix well. Stir in the oil, egg whites, water, vanilla and almond essence. Mix well.
- Next heat a non stick pan (medium heat). Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter into the pan. Then spread the batter with a spoon into a cookie about 4 inches in diameter. Cook until light golden brown on both sides, flipping once the first side is golden.
- Next, (write your own fortune), place a fortune paper (2 1/2 x 1/4 inches)in the center of the cookie and while the cookie is still soft and pliable, fold in half. Then fold the edges together and down. Again fold cookie in half. You are looking for a fortune cookie/crescent shape.
- Now place in muffin pan to hold shape and bake in oven about 5 minutes (temperature 200 C) Enjoy!!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…