Ginger & Green Chilli Raita
Member recipe by anjuambily
A seriously simple and easy to make sauce that packs a punch! This sauce is great to have as a dipping sauce or condiment to any savoury Indian dish. I guarantee you'll enjoy it!
- 200ml natural yoghurt (or 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower/vegetable/olive oil
- Salt (to your liking)
- Add the oil to the pan and heat gently.
- Add the chopped ginger and green chillies to the oil and fry on a low-medium flame, moving the ingredients around continuously for 1-2 minutes, without it burning.
- Turn off the flame and allow to stand for 2 minutes to let the heat of the pan to dissipate before adding the yoghurt - otherwise as the yoghurt hits the hot pan it will curdle.
- Add the yoghurt to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Add salt to your liking.
- This sauce can be enjoyed immediately. However, on standing, it will acquire more of a ginger flavour as the flavours infuse into the yoghurt.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…