Banana Berry Loaf
Member recipe by gillespt
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
This loaf is a healthy twist on the classic and is sure to leave you coming back for more. A nutritious and delicious snack everyone is sure to enjoy!
- 100g Margarine
- 140g Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Large bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 175 mL Fat-free rasperry yogurt
- 180g Whole wheat flower
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 50g Craisins (original)
- 50g semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to fan 160C/ conventional 180C/gas Grease a 20 x 13cm loaf tin with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the margarine and brown sugar with an electric beater or with a fork.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in the mashed bananas, chocolate chips, craisins and yogurt.
- Fold in flour and baking soda until evenly mixed.
- Spoon the mix into the greased tin and level the top
- Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes or until middle is only slightly moist - check this using a toothpick or skewer.
- Once you remove the loaf from the oven let cool on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from tin.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…