Lemon Cream Chicken with Thyme
Member recipe by sonicg33k
A fantastic one pot dish that is quick and easy to make that was taught to me by my Mum. A great comfort dish for a cold night! You can experiment and add any kind of veg you like. Make it your own!
- 5 Lemons (3 juiced, 2 sliced)
- 1 crushed Garlic clove
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts, Diced
- Pre made Gnocchi 250g
- Double Cream 250ml
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme
- Button mushrooms 100g
- Crusty bread (Or garlic bread) to serve
- Chop the mushrooms roughly and put to one side. Chop the onion finely and add to a hot pan with some olive oil. Soften the onions slowly and add the crushed garlic. Cook until the onions turn a golden color. Add the Mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken to the hot pan and pan fry for 12 minutes. Meanwhile, add the cream to the pan and stir to coat the chicken then add the juice of the 3 lemons. Stir again to coat the chicken. At this point its best to taste and then you can add more lemon if you want. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes to reduce then place the lemon slices on the top of the chicken. Strip the Thyme springs and add to the pan.
- Add the Gnocchi to a pan of seasoned boiling water and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the Gnocchi is cooked. Drain and add to the pan, stir in with the chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes until the sauce is reduced.
- Serve on a curved plate with crusty or Garlic bread, great for mopping up after!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…