Parsi Fish Sauce
Member recipe by nawazcook
- 1 large pomfret
- 2 onions, sliced
- Grind to paste:
- 4 garlic pods
- 4 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/8 pint vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Clean the fish ad slice it into 6 pieces. Heat the ghee and fry the onions till a pale gold. Add the ground paste. Fry for a few mnutes.
- Add 3/4 pint water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile blend the flour with 2 tbsp water to a smooth paste. Add it. Cook till the sauce thickens. Add salt.
- Add the fish slices, simmer till tender. Remove from fire.
- Blend sugar, eggs and vinegar together. Pour it into the sauce. Mix gently add the coriander leaves. Serve with khichdi (yellow rice).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…