Gherkin Pickle (Gillori Achar)
Member recipe by nawazcook
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Jar
- 250 gms gherkins
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 35-40 red kashmiri cillies
- 10-12 garlic pods, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- handful curry leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- Cut each gherkin into 4 pieces. Marinate for 1 day in vinegar and salt
- Take a little water in a pan add salt and boil the chillies in it till soft. Strain. Keep water aside.
- Heat oil add sliced garlic and brown. Add curry leaves.
- Strain the gherkins. Grind the mustard and boiled chillies to a fine paste. Mix the gherkins with the paste
- Add the water to get the consistency you want.
- Heat the oil and cool. Pour over the mixture and mix well. Store in a clean jar.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…