Add your recipe
How to put your recipe on bbcgoodfood.com
If you've got a great home-spun recipe that you'd like to share with others, follow our simple guide to publishing it on this website.
- Write down or type up your recipe. It should be an original or family recipe.
- If you can, take a picture of the dish using a digital camera. This will show other users what they can aspire to! Save this on your computer.
- To add your recipe to the site, first you need to register (if you haven't already) - this will give you an online binder where you can enter your personal recipes as well as save your favourites from the site.
Once you have a binder, sign in and select 'Your own recipes' from the tabs at the top. Click on the link to 'enter your very own recipe'. This will take you to a recipe form where you can add all your recipe details.
Handy tips along the side of the recipe form will help you enter your recipe and make it look professional.
Gradually work your way through the form - you'll be asked to add a title, description, ingredients list and step-by-step method. This is also your opportunity to add a picture if you want to.
- There are handy tips on the right-hand side of the recipe form which will help you enter your recipe in a way that others can easily follow.
- By completing the form, you are publishing your recipe on the website and other visitors will now be able to see it. You can stop and save your recipe at any point during the process and come back to it later. You do this by clicking on the 'Save draft' button at the bottom of your binder.
- Once you have published your recipe, you can come back at any time and edit it. Go to the 'Your own recipe' section in your binder and click on the 'Edit' button underneath your recipe.
- Please note: if you choose to delete a draft or recipe, there is no way of retrieving it so please be sure you want to get rid of it.