Your Christmas timeplan
Make Christmas Day cooking a breeze by planning ahead.
- 9.30am: Stuff the turkey, weigh and calculate cooking time. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- 10am: Put the turkey in to roast (timings based on a 4.5kg turkey).
- 11am & 12pm: Check the roasting tin - add more cider if needed.
- 12.30pm: Remove the foil from turkey to let it brown.
- 1pm: Leave the turkey to rest. Put the potatoes in the oven to roast, if frozen (if not, put in at 1.10pm). Make the gravy.
- 1.30pm: Turn oven up to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Turn the potatoes and add the stuffing roll to oven to reheat.
- 1.45pm: Reheat the apples, pears and shallots in the oven if room, or in the microwave if not, adding a little extra glaze. Cover the parsnip bake with foil and put into the oven to reheat. Finish sprouts, carrots, cabbage and cranberry sauce. Take foil off the stuffing roll.
- 2pm: Serve and enjoy! Warm the pudding in the oven's residual heat while you eat.