Your Christmas timeplan
How to plan your Christmas cooking so that you still get time to relax on the big day.
Up to 1 month ahead
- Parboil and freeze the Golden roast potatoes.
- Make the Chestnut & cranberry rolls if freezing.
- Prep the Christmas spiced red cabbage
Up to 4 days ahead
- Make the Cranberry & champagne sauce, leaving out the Champagne.
- Bake the Festive date & pecan pudding.
Up to 2 days ahead
- Make the Chestnut & cranberry roll.
- Prep and roast the Glazed apples & pears with sticky shallots.
- Prep and cook the Creamy parsnip and squash bake.
- Cook the Christmas spiced red cabbage.
Everyone loves good Golden roast potatoes, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and these ones can be made ahead!
- Roast the Stuffing roll - keep in the foil.
- Boil or steam the Crisp-topped sprouts and prepare the topping.
- Steam the Buttery caraway carrots.
- Defrost anything frozen in the fridge.
See what to do on Christmas day on the next page.