Grow your own herbs
Herbs are easy to grow, take up little space and are essential for anyone passionate about cooking. Try growing your own and you'll never want to use bought herbs again. For more expert advice on growing your own herbs visit Gardenersworld.com.
What you'll need...
- 1 x bronze fennel
- 1 x lavender 'Hidcote'
- 1 x golden sage 'Icterina'
- 5 x dwarf cornflour 'Blue Ball'
- 5 x love-in-a-mist 'Miss Jekyll'
- 1x planter
- compost - multi-purpose, with some extra grit mixed in (buy this from garden centres)
- Drainage material - broken polystyrene or terracotta, bottle corks or stones from the garden
- slow-release fertiliser
- 1 trowel
- 1 dustpan and brush
- 1 watering can