Former cookery assistant Cassie is assistant food editor
Cassie joined the Good Food team as cookery assistant in July 2011, having won a one year internship through Leiths School of Food and Wine. She quickly became a permanent fixture of the team and is now assistant food editor. In a former life Cassie spent her days waving at emergency exits and laying on sunny beaches as an air hostess.
- What three ingredients do you always have in your fridge?
- Halloumi, it lasts forever in the pack and makes a great salad when thrown together with a few storecupboard staples. Lemon curd, for when I need a sweet treat, and milk- I can't go a day without tea and cereal!
- Who do you admire, and what would you cook for them?
- I grew up watching Delia so it would have to be her. I would invite her round for a big family Sunday roast, and finish off with her chocolate bread and butter pudding.
- Who inspired you to start cooking and fuelled your love of food?
- I remember cooking with my mum from a young age. She is a great baker and would always let me make jam tarts or sausage rolls from the pastry scraps. My travels as an air hostess gave me a love for new cuisines. I love a good spicy curry and Mexican food.
Good Food is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.