How to carve a turkey
Our expert carving advice to help ensure you have a picture perfect finish when serving your Christmas turkey
Carving the breast- Method one
1. There are two ways to carve the breast but, either way, you will first need to make a deep cut across the bottom of each breast, all the way to the bone.
2. The first, more traditional, way to carve the breast is to start at the neck end and cut long, thin slices down the length of the bird.
3. Keep going until you reach the breast bone. If you remove the wishbone when you get to it, youâll keep carving neat slices.
Carving the breast- Method two
1. The second way is to remove the whole breast before carving. Cut all the way down the top of the turkey, either side of the breast bone.
2. Cutting as close to the bone as possible, carve out the whole breast, pulling it away as you cut. Lift it onto your board with the knife and fork.
3. Carve the breast, slightly at an angle, into thick-ish slices. Repeat with the other breast, or leave on the bird to keep warm and carve later.
For inspiration on stuffing, gravy, trimmings and the entire Christmas dinner package, visit our Christmas kitchen.